Monday, May 9, 2016

The 142nd(and my second) Kentucky Derby

This year I had the opportunity to cover the 142nd running of the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs. This was my second time at the Kentucky Derby covering the in’s and out’s of the event deemed as “the greatest two minutes in sports”. This year I got to work with the Getty Sport team and was assigned to the roof covering the Derby race and shooting features, both from above and below. I had followed Nyquist for nearly all of his time at Keeneland, from baths to workouts and everything in between over the month of April and it was cool to see him win it in front of the second-largest Kentucky Derby crowd after all the prep I had seen firsthand. Thanks to Getty staffers Rob, Andy and Maddie for all the help and welcoming Logan, Dylan, and myself to be apart of the team. Special thanks to Jim and Justin for all the behind the scenes work editing and logistical setup for the race that many times goes unnoticed by the viewers of the photos but we couldn’t make the photos without. In what felt like the longest few days at the time, now feels like it went by too fast. See you in a year Churchill! Here are some of my favorite photos and outtakes from the weekend and days leading up to the race. To see the whole team’s take click here. Thanks for looking!























No comments:

Post a Comment