Monday, November 2, 2015

A Grand Farewell- American Pharoah

This weekend I had the pleasure of shooting the 2015 Breeders’ Cup World Championships at my home racecourse, Keeneland. The horse racing world’s eyes were upon my city as the greatest horses came to Lexington to vie for the Breeders’ Cup Champion title. While I had covered the Kentucky Derby this spring at Churchill Downs, the Breeders’ Cup was a totally different event since every race was a million (or more) dollar race. All the anticipation for the BC Classic featuring Triple Crown Winner American Pharoah’s last race before retirement paid off in the perfect swan song as Pharoah won by 6 1/2 length, breaking the course record, and becoming the first “Grand Slam” winner of all-time. I had the opportunity to join the Getty Images team along with Rob Carr and Dylan Buell and had a blast working alongside them to put out a collection of images from the races. See more of the photos from the Getty team here. My computer unfortunately crashed during the Saturday morning races so I only have my images from Saturday and will post more when I get my hard drive back going. Special thanks to Taylor Pence for letting me use her laptop after mine went down. Here are my favorite from the day. Thanks for looking!















No comments:

Post a Comment